Tuesday, February 19, 2013

1.3 Materials & Free Choice

My result in the What Kind of Reader Are You Quiz was the drama genre. I think this was accurate because I enjoy reading material with more serious content, such as books on poetry or spirituality. I prefer this genre over books that are just for entertainment because I like learning something from the material I read. Whether it be an interesting fact, another perspective, or a vocabulary word, I like to absorb it all. One of my favorite books is On the Road by Jack Kerouac, and it has similar themes to the book that I chose for this assignment.

The last thing I read was a book written by Nick Miller called Isn't it Pretty to Think So. I really enjoyed this book because of the plot and the reoccurring themes through out the book. It's about a recent college graduate Jake Reed who is struggling to pursue a career in writing, but his life changes when he spontaneously receives a $50,000 inheritance from his deceased grandmother. He uses the money to travel around California and experience life outside of his hometown. Along the way he meets fascinating characters, all with different schema's of the world around them, helping him discover his own.


No comments:

Post a Comment